Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ups and Downs

She might be at the U of U hospital, but she cheers for the Cougars! This is an outfit daddy bought for her. The nurse (who also roots for the right team) found her a navy blue bow, too!

Name tag above her crib that one of the nurses made, with her perfect footprints!
She's in a crib now!



Fantastic News: During the doctors "rounds" today (where they all pow wow and move around to discuss each baby together), they are expecting her to come HOME on MONDAY!!! This is of course assuming all goes well, so even if it's not Monday we're ok. It's just so great that they even have a projected day, because the doctors don't like to do that. Probably so parents don't hold them to it.

Not-so-great happenings: today I developed a breast infection called Mastitis. I started shaking and shivering uncontrollably at the hospital around noon and ran a high fever, but am doing better now. I think we caught it pretty early. We had to contact my dr. (on a Saturday) to get an antibiotic prescription and get that in my system right away. Even after just a few hours I feel tons better. But that's so not what we needed right now. Symptoms should only last a day or 2 from what I understand so I really hope that is the case with me.

6 comments:

Randi - 4 the Love of Math said...

Hey Kendra, I just wanted to say your daughter is beautiful! I am so happy for you that she is doing so well. Mastitis is horrible I got it a few weeks after I had Dixie but luckily it doesn't last too long so hopefully you'll feel better soon. My prayers are with you all I hope little Alayna gets to go home soon!

Bradenex said...

SO glad everything has turned out fine. She is adorable!!!

Lorinda said...

I am so excited to hear about Alayna's progress! We have been praying for you guys and we will continue to pray. Now we can add thanks to our prayers as well. I guess i won't put my phone number on the website, but our number is on the ward list. Please call if there is anything you need (i hate mastitis... i'm totally there with you). I can run errands. I can do laundry. Whatever you need. Really. Go Cougars!
Lorinda LeFevre

Michelle said...

FANTASTIC! When I got the text last night I was so thrilled! Kendra I hope you are feeling better soon. Love the outfit and the bow.

Becca said...

I am glad Alayna is doing so well, but I am sorry to hear about your mastitis. I've never had it, but it sounds awful to me. Hang in there. I hope you getting feeling better soon.

John and Katie said...

She is SO beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!