Friday, November 7, 2008

Quick Update

Here's a very brief update as I have to go back to the hospital in a few minutes:

-Alayna made a HUGE step of progress today: She can nurse! We gave it a try and the Occupational Therapist wasn't expecting her to do anything much, but she nursed for a whole 10 minutes. Which is great but now means I need to be there at the hospital even more often! This was huge because although we've gotten her to suck on a binkie a lot the last 2 or 3 days, we couldn't really get her to swallow. She did that today while she nursed.

-She had another EEG. The results came back from her last one (which measures electrical activity in her brain), and one of the waves came back a little lower than they like. But then they realized the results could've been skewed because while they did the test she was sedated AND on the cooling treatments AND only a day old. So they gave her another EEG yesterday so now we're all hoping that one will be a little more normal.

-She changed rooms again and now shares a nurse w/ 2 other babies. Because she's not getting any antibiotics or IVs (milk only) she got put into an outfit! No more naked baby!

Those are really the main things from the last 2 days. Thank you and we'll continue to keep you informed and post more pictures soon!

2 comments:

Jillyboo said...

wow!!!That is huge news. I am ecstatic for you guys.
Cant wait to see the outfits... let the pink begin!
Love you my sweet cousin.
Olivia is now on an IV so they just traded.

Anonymous said...

Kendra,
I've been following your news and have wanted to comment! Time gets away from me so fast! I just wanted to say I'm so happy things are turning out so well. She's a beauty!!
Marilyn