Friday, November 21, 2008

Time Flies

Taken Yesterday: 3 weeks old!
We love this froggie outfit on her!

This is a cute sign my mom made for her when we brought her home from the hospital. It is still on our wall!


She's our little turkey! Her dad bought this outfit for her weeks before she was even born.

Yesterday was Alayna's 3 week mark from when she was born. Her favorite things to do these days are eat, sleep, swing in her swing, cuddle, and going on walks. She and I have enjoyed walks just about every day this week. The weather has been gorgeous so I just wrap her in a blanket, put a hat on her, and hold her while we walk and enjoy the fresh air. I love watching her observe the new scenery and how it intrigues her. Let me clarify, I love watching her do pretty much everything. Sometimes even crying. She didn't cry until about the time she came home from the NICU, which we attribute to the sedatives she was on, plus her throat was irritated from being intibated (sp?) 3 times and having a feeding tube down her throat. It worried us and made us sad that we hadn't heard her cry. I can now tell you though that our daughter can most definitely cry!

Next week she will have a follow-up appointment with her neurologist. He will evaluate her and decide if she should remain on Phenobarbitol (medicine that prevents seizures) and if so, how much. Right now we give her 3ML every evening. Spotting seizures in infants is very difficult, but we and the doctors don't think she's had one since a day or 2 after she was born. She is doing so well and we can't get over what a miracle she is!

8 comments:

Terri and Roger said...

Hello Yoho's! It's so nice to see you all living the not-so-normal normal life of a little family with a newborn. Enjoy all those moments and keep blogging, as it will serve as a journal AND a letter to friends & family that you'd never have time to do otherwise. This way you know we're all looking for it, and it's so appreciated. Love "being there" to watch her (and you 2) grow. Nana H.

Megan Miley and Chris said...

She is so stinkin cute! I really do need to get up and see you guys. I don't want her to get too big 3 weeks already! Wow.

John and Katie said...

Getting to hear her cry must have been great.....at least the first few times! Wouldn't it be cool if she inherited her mothers set of lungs!
Love You Guys
Dad

Michelle said...

Have I mentioned that she is so cute! I can't believe that it has been 3 weeks already. Amazing what prayers from all across this great country did for her.

Katie said...

My, Alayna, what big EYES you have! "All the better to explore my new world, Granny." And an adorable little chin! "All the better to look cuter than a bug's ear, Granny." And you're wearing such darling Thanksgiving apparel! "Yep. So they'll all remember how THANKFUL they are that I'm here and healthy." AMEN!!

Cathi said...

She's absolutely adorable and so tiny. We are so happy for you and so glad she's doing well.

Mike and Laura said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Wish we could see her up close and personal! Sending you all cyper hugs to all of you!

Love always,

Laura, Mike, Hayley, Wesley and Glen

Randi - 4 the Love of Math said...

Aw Kendra she is beautiful! I am so glad she is doing so well ~Randi