Saturday, January 10, 2009

Yoho Year in Review

A few days ago I was thinking how huge 2008 was for our family. We never did do a Christmas letter (I excused ourselves from that this year after Alayna was hospitalized for the SECOND time). Here's a list of some of the things that happened last year.

-January and February: Kendra's first time to Vegas and a Nascar race...the people at Nascar reminded me of home in Loxahatchee (lots of beer, cigarettes, missing teeth, accents, and tight Wrangler jeans)

-February: Jeff got offered an official position w/ Sunroc in Salt Lake...commuted one hour to Salt Lake for 5 and 1/2 months, while also being a full time student.

-April: Jeff graduated from UVU in business management and Kendra graduated from BYU in Early Childhood Education and Teaching ESL

-May: Kendra finished up her year-long internship teaching 2nd grade. No matter how long I teach I'll never forget my first year and those amazing kids!

-June: We found out we were having a GIRL...bring on the cute clothes!

-July: Since Jeff was commuting to Salt Lake, we moved to Bountiful. We changed from our 1 bedroom cardboard box in Provo to a bigger, 2 bedroom apartment.

-August: Kendra starts her job teaching first grade in Syracuse. It's a fantastic part-time job.

-October: The best part of the year, we had our baby girl Alayna.

-December: Jeff is offered a great promotion through Sunroc's insulation department back in Lindon and Provo. Commute starts up again.

Wheew! I think I covered all of the big stuff. Well, with that said, and being we're already 10 days into January....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Jillyboo said...

What a year!!!
With everything you have gone through I can only be amazed and inspired. What great parents you both are to that darling baby... I need more pic's.
And I too hope she stays on her growth curve. The Dr. said she was worried about her breathing episodes but more than anything with how quickly she is dropping off of her growth curve. You guys have already had enough Dr's and Hospital stays to last you a lifetime.