Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Special Day for Alayna K

(like my rhyme??? I'm so clever...)

Sunday, January 18th was Alayna Kate's special day. She received a blessing from her daddy at church. In my religion, worthy men can hold the priesthood and can give blessings to those in need of comfort or guidance, the sick, and also for a new baby. It's a wonderful thing. Alayna was so beautiful in her gorgeous, all white dress from her great-grandma (my mom's mom), white bow in her hair, white tights, and cute white knitted booties. Enjoy some pictures.

Lots of people love this little girl! We had a family party at Jeff's parents house after the blessing.
Me, Alayna, and Papa Yoho

Scott (Jeff's brother) and Randy (Jeff's cousin)















My mom and dad flew in from Florida!



Our little family



Getting ready to leave for the blessing
I'm sure my parents will have lots of pictures on their blog of the blessing day and other fun things we did the last week (tubing, sledding, etc), so you can visit their blog later. It's on my blog list under "mom and dad".

3 comments:

Mary and Adam said...

Very cute pictures! Alayna is such a cutie! Congrats on the baby blessing. I'm sure that was really special. Glad she's doing so well!

Jillyboo said...

What a beautiful family you are. Im glad her special day was just that. Im so happy that she is doing so well Kendra.
We're going ahead with Olivia's surgery :( Its a bummer but it will be so great to have her spitting up stop (she goes through a few outfits every day) and to gain more weight. But I hope she'll still be a little one, my others were always big and I always wanted a little one. Just healthy.

Becca said...

Your family is so beautiful. I'm glad you were able to have such a wonderful experience blessing your little girl. How wonderful to have so much family to share your joy!