Monday, October 27, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

While carving pumpkins at a family party, my sister-in-law Kim thought we should make my belly into a pumpkin. How fitting that I happened to be wearing an orange shirt! They cut out the eyes, nose, and mouth out of construction paper, and did a great job! The other pumpkin we bought to carve because it had weird wart-like growths all over it, but rather than carving it, we decided to make it look like a witch! It needs some more work but was a lot easier than having to clean out and carve something!


Holding Our Pumpkins...She WILL be a pumpkin for Halloween, whether she's born and wearing the costume we bought her OR still in my belly!

I think we might have confused poor Lizzie. We finally got her to realize there's a baby in there and now we go and make it look like a pumpkin!

The making of the pumpkin


The finished products! I got to stand on a chair so my pumpkin could be in the picture!






























3 comments:

Shauna said...

Your tummy pumpkin is hilarious! That is a one of a kind costume!

John and Katie said...

And I thought I looked fat in my tourist costume!!!!! This is great!!!!! Can i use a picture in my blog?

Becca said...

what a great family shot! And I love the pumpkin baby belly. James and his baby-brother-on-the-way were/are both pumpkins for their "first" Halloween too.