On Thursday I was totally thrown by surprise when in the middle of the afternoon my job share partner walks in and the kids yelled "surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Deborah, the kids, and parent volunteers had been planning a surprise baby shower for me. It was SO cute. We had little games and activities.

This was such a great idea. Parents and others donated 8 fleece blankets with the edges cut. Then during the shower the kids rotated and took turns "tying" the blankets. They were so cute doing it and felt so cool being able to help. Oh, I got to choose a blanket and the other 7 are being donated to Project Linus- a charity that gives blankets to children in need across the country.

At another station, a mom read stories about baby animals to the kids.

More tying blankets


Snack station....essential at baby showers!

At this station, the kids each wrote a page that will go in a book that mimics the "What to Expect" book. They wrote me advice on how to change a diaper, feed the baby, give the baby a bath, etc. So cute!

Another funny thing, apparently when Deborah told the kids about the shower, several of the boys were troubled because showers "are for GIRLS!!!" But, when she explained there would be treats and games, they didn't seem to mind. =)
3 comments:
These memories are PRICELESS! What a great idea - both for you and for the kids. I LOVE the stations idea. Very cool. Which blankie did you choose?
What a cute idea!
How fun is that?! I bet the kids advice is great--and funny too. BTW, I sent you an invite to my blog using the first email address you have on facebook.
Post a Comment