Alayna went back to the pediatrician's today. It was nice because this time she was able to see her doctor, who is familiar with her and her life story. Saturday he wasn't there so we saw the nurse practitioner. Her ear infection is gone, so we can take her off of amoxicillin in a couple days (originally she was supposed to be on it for 10 days). He listened to her lungs and heard some rattling, but apparantly she has a pretty mild case of RSV. Sheesh. I'd hate to see any baby with a moderate or severe case of RSV, cuz this was scary enough for me!
She also doesn't have a fever, which she never had w/ this illness. I guess that's not out of the ordinary for RSV, which I don't really get. Therefore, she also doesn't really need Tylenol. I was concerned before her dr. visit because she's on Zantac for acid reflux, Tylenol for pain, Nystatin for thrush (which she's had for like a MONTH), and amoxicillin. That seems like way too much for her little body. So now we're stopping the amoxicillin and the nystatin, because her thrush is mostly gone and she's just been on it too long.
Her mornings have been the hardest with the coughing and snot coming out of her nose, I imagine because she sleeps so well that when she wakes up she has a lot of crud in her lungs to break up. She's had a really good afternoon and evening and I think we'll all be getting more sleep around here tonight. Jeff and I did shifts to stay up and watch her Saturday night, then my awesome mother-in-law Janese and I took turns last night. Tonight I feel more comfortable just sleeping right by her.
On a separate note, she's now just over 11 pounds which puts her between the 20-25th percentile. I was a tiny bit nervous with her in the 10th percentile, I just didn't want her to get any lower than that, so this makes me happy. She's still a petite girl, but not to the point of having to watch her closely.
1 comment:
So glad to hear she's doing better! You're such a great mom for worrying about her and loving her as much as you do. Alayna's a lucky little girl!
Post a Comment