Monday, April 26, 2010

18 months

Our precious girl is turning 18 months this week! This week is going to be hectic for us as we are going out of town, so I figure I'd post this update now before I forgot:
-Alayna went to nursery yesterday at church for the first time without mommy! As we suspected, she LOVED it and didn't even notice when we left the room or when I came in to pick her up. She loves being around other kids.
-Her favorite words are hi, no, uh oh, mama, dada, cracker, more, baba, fishy, doh! (dog), all-done, bye bye...those are the most frequent words from the top of my head.
-She loves to show you her nose, belly, ears, mouth, eyes, and toes if you ask her.
-She knows where the pantry is and that there is food in there, so when she is hungry she will beat on the door until I open it
-She LOVES being outside. She loves our walks and playing in the backyard, and helping with our garden and yard work.
-She is so social and fearless. She loves story time at the library (which is more of a game time then story time), and isn't afraid to walk up and "chat" with complete strangers...that might be a source of anxiety for me later on and is a great explanation why you have to watch her like a hawk!
-She is crazy about Elmo. Her favorite books are Elmo books, and Elmo shows are really the only ones she will sit and watch for more than a couple minutes. So we really need more because I am so sick of the ones we have!

She is happy and beautiful and we love every minute with her. She has her 18 mo checkup tomorrow so perhaps I will post more then!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Love you Layna Bayna. Can't wait to play with her while you guys are gone. Love you too. Have a great trip.

Katie said...

This is a great post, Kendra! Worth taking a few minutes to write, huh? :)

Adam and Cami said...

Wow! She is growing up fast! And it seems faster when we don't see each other! Fun, I'm sure she's still beautiful as can be!