Have you ever heard on the news about a mom who accidentally left their child in the car on a hot day? Maybe the child fell asleep, or was just so quiet and the mom totally forgot they were in the car. The car can get so hot so fast on a warm day that parents have lost children to this mistake. I used to think "how can anyone do that???" but I think it's actually understandable and doesn't make them a bad mother. I would hope I would never forget Alayna in the backseat but somedays when your mind gets going a million miles an hour you tend to not be yourself. I was reading a tip on how to help make sure that doesn't happen to you.
Try putting your purse on the backseat next to your child. When you leave the car, chances are you aren't going to forget your purse OR your child because you are so used to having them. This helps me also to remember to lock my car door when inside, having my purse in the back seat.
This might be a weird post but it's the best solution I've heard for something that has scared me since becoming a mom!
2 comments:
good hint....just keep Alayna out of your purse back there! lol!
We seem to have 2 or 3 child deaths every year for this reason & almost half the time it is the father or another male relative. I guess us guys will have to think of something similar! What a good idea!
Post a Comment