Thursday, April 30, 2009

6 months

My sweet little miracle baby is 6 months old TODAY! Are you kidding me??? Here's what Alayna is up to, at 6 months old:

Weight: 25th percentile (14lbs. 1 oz)
Length: 25th percentile
Head Circumference: 75th percentile

The doctor is still pleased with her measurements because they've been pretty consistent all along!

-Biggest deal: She has been army crawling and scooting for the last week or so. On Tuesday, Jeff and I saw her actually CRAWL on her hand and knees, for about 2 steps. She's also a rolling machine. She is all over the place whenever you lay her down somewhere, you'd be amazed how far she can get!

-She will even get on her hands and feet...if you're familiar with yoga, it is comparable to the "downward dog" position =)

-At her 6 month pictures yesterday, she sat up by herself. She won't do it in our living room so I thought she couldn't, but for some reason when we tried in the grass for pictures, she did it for a few minutes!!!

-She is learning how to hold her own bottle...which I have mixed feelings about...it will be nice but I want to enjoy feeding her for a little while. She also loves baby food (esp. squash, pears, and peaches!)

-She is a happy, giggly girl and is way fun. Every doctor and intervention program is amazed at how strong, alert, and social she is, not just for what she's been through, but for any 6 month old. We are truly blessed!

3 comments:

Mary and Adam said...

How awesome! Glad to hear she's doing so well. You guys are such great parents :)

Katie said...

Man, she's made a ton of progress just since she was here! MUST HAVE PIX OF HER ANTICS!!! (well, whenever you can....) Amazing how well she's doing after that rocky start, huh? She's really special.

Becca said...

I love watching babies learn to crawl! Yes, it is more work to keep up with them when they are mobile, but it is so exciting to watch an infant gain control of her body. I am so glad she is doing so well. She is a cutie!