Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Day of School!


Monday was the first day of school! I share a first grade class with another teacher, Mrs. Kroeger. I teach on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and every other Friday. I came on Monday for the first day. We have 21 students and they are so little! Going from second grade to first, it's amazing the progress kids make in just a year (physically, socially, and intellectually). The days this week have been really long as I'm trying to get used to a new age group, class, and school but I'm excited and just keep thinking, I have tomorrow off!

On the first day I was surprised when the school secretary found me in the hall holding a vase of flowers and said they were for me. My sweet husband had flowers delivered for me to wish me luck on the first day. It just made me so happy. Plus he got me flowers for our anniversary last week, so I've just been getting spoiled! Is that so bad?


2 comments:

Megan Miley and Chris said...

Kendra! That is so cute. I can't believe Jeff did that. What a cute boy you have. I have to call you and get better details on how everything with school is going. I hope you're having fun!

Katie and Brandon said...

How great would that be to teach half time!!! I'm jealous. I'm going to have to get after Brandon... I didn't get a thing on the first day!
Seriously, I hope you love your class and enjoy it.