NOTHER GIRL! On December 26th, we had our ultrasound appointment! It was a cold and snowy day, and Jeff got off work early enough to come come and shovel our driveway while I got the girls ready to drop them off at my friend Kalli's house for the appointment. I was nervous, but ready. I am surprised we had the discipline to not go to the mall to pay for a 3D gender check (I guess it's not really discipline, it's cheap-ness). Dr. Melendez, who delivered Becca, conducted the ultrasound. It's such a relief as he goes through the major organs, spine, etc, and tells us the baby is healthy and growing on track. What a blessing. They tell you the gender last, probably because it is so trivial compared to the really important stuff they are checking! Jeff and Dr. Melendez spotted it first and Dr. Melendez said "that is definitely not a boy." Dr. Melendez is the father of 3 girls and no boys, so he made a couple jokes with us about having all girls, and we were completely done with the appointment by 3:30. We sat in the car for a few minutes while we called and texted family members and friends to tell them the good news.
Baby Girls precious face
Her fist. I was trying to explain to Alayna what the picture was, and it popped in my head "she is giving you knucks!"
Her little feet (crossed at the ankles), and her spine
We also got a DVD of our ultrasound. We actually watched it with Alayna a few days ago, and I figured it wouldn't hold her attention very long, but she actually watched the whole thing and was very curious about it! When we got back to Kalli's house, we told Alayna we were having another girl and she just said "see, Daddy said it was a boy, but I knew it was a girl!" Up to that point, she liked to tease daddy that it was a girl because she knew daddy was insistent that it was a boy, so now she likes to rub it in his face that she was "right." She is so excited to have another sister and that my belly is getting bigger and bigger. We are a lucky family!
1 comment:
This is great! And so thorough. We're all gonna LOVE this baby girl, too!
Post a Comment