Sunday, January 11, 2015

Becca Turned 3!

Becca's Stats:

Weight: 30lbs 30th%
Height 36 1/4" 65th%

Becca is really into Dora right now and wanted a Dora birthday!  We got her some swirl decorations that have kind of become tradition for us to set up the night before so the house is adorned with them when the birthday girl wakes up.  Alayna asked if we would wake her up while we decorated for Becca so she could help.

Becca's birthday pancakes, made by grandpa!

 My parents were in town for Becca's birthday, so Becca and I went to lunch at Applebee's.  She is still talking about going to Applebees! 

 It was a warm enough day to go swimming, so we did!  It was the last time we made it to the pool on our street before it closed. 

 Opening presents
 Alayna came up with the idea of getting Becca a unicorn stuffed animal, because Alayna got one for her b-day last year and Becca is always asking to play with it.  She was thrilled!
 Birthday Brownies
 Becca's Dora Party.  I'm definitely not starting a cake decorating business anytime soon, but I don't think I did too shabby for a first try




 I'm giving a detailed account of the Dora party in the event that I do another Dora party in the future.  I had everything planned out to be in the backyard, and what do you know, it was pouring rain the entire day.  Everything was improvised.  The dining room became the jungle as pictured here before it started.  A BIG thanks to my parents for helping me pull this party off.
 Here is the web tunnel
 The girls arrived and began getting their gear to be explorers.  They chose binoculars.
 They decorated visors



 And began their exploration in the jungle.  They searched for all the wild animals they could find hidden in the jungle.
 They crawled through the web tunnel


 They followed lollipop trail to Star Island, which was missing all of its stars!  They needed to put the stars back on
 They then had to cross the troll bridge and muster all of their bravery against the grumpy old troll
 They then entered Rainbow Cave, a colorful cave filled with balloons ready to be popped!


 After cake and ice cream were served, they got to decorate their explorer bags


Happy Birthday, sweet Becca!

No comments: