Thursday, May 8, 2014

April Awesomeness: St. George, 10k, Easter, and Soccer!

April was a lot of fun packed into 1 month!  Our month started out with a trip to St. George to visit my parents:
Becca, being Becca
 Visiting the awesome Children's Museum there




Celebrating Grandpa's birthday.  We got him tickets to the St. George air show, and the girls got him some new sand toys to play with at their play ground
The girls and I made and decorated his cake

The Saturday we were there, I ran a 10K called Run4Kids.  I wanted to have a stepping stone before my 1/2 marathon in June.  It was a small race (as in, not many people ran it).  My parents were kind enough to bring themselves and all 3 girls to the finish line to cheer me on, which is a big deal for them because my girls are a handful, my mom is still recovering from shoulder surgery, and my dad had an injured foot.  But it meant a lot!
The scenery was beautiful and very different from what I'm used to
 My girls enjoying the free drinks and snacks at the finish line
 So, mostly because there weren't many runners, I actually got a ranking in the race!  Had to capture it on camera.  I even got a medal!
 We went swimming in St. George.  I love going in the spring when it's still too cold to swim here, but it's warm enough in St. George!
 While we were there (just me and my girls, mind you), we ALL got a terrible stomach flu.  We ended up staying 2 extra days because I couldn't drive!
Later in the month....
We checked out the new aquarium 

 Took an impromptu trip to the zoo

Alayna started soccer!  Go Chargers!
 She is #7.  One of the 3 girls out of the 10 on her team, and most definitely the tiniest
 LOVE her
 and HER

Field Trip to Pet Smart, checking out a rodent of some sort


Legacy Care Centers Easter Egg Hunt (where Gramps lives)

Lindsay and her bunny ears (given to Becca as a baby, from Aunt Karen)

Coloring Eggs...Becca isn't sporting a forced smile AT ALL =)

 Easter Morning at our house...Alayna pointing out an egg
 Becca thought the Easter Bunny was silly for leaving a football egg

 Lindsay just wondering what was going on
 But she got excited for her sisters






Our garden: the girls helping plant onions....Y'all know by now how much we LOVE to garden!




No comments: