Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Lindsay at 6 months

Happy Half-Birthday, Lindsay!
Here is a photo on her 6 month mark



We celebrated by having things cut in half that day.  Breakfast (above) was half pancakes, lunch was half sandwiches, half carrots, and half grapes.  Dinner was half potatoes.  The irony is, Lindsay couldn't eat any of it, but it was still fun for Alayna and I!


Weight: 14lb 11 oz 22%
Length: 25.5” 32%
Head Circ: 43.5cm 83%

-Has a hard time with baby food.  At times she has flat out cried when I’ve tried giving it to her.  The only baby food she has taken well is squash.  She is warming up to vanilla yogurt, and little by little we are making progress with other foods.
-Lindsay can roll both ways, and we are working with her on sitting up, but she isn’t very close to being able to do it on her own yet!  You can tell her arms are getting stronger when she is on her belly.  She can push her chest up off the floor!  Here’s hoping crawling is still a ways away!
-Sleep: I’ve really been trying to get in a better routine with her.  She is awake for about 2 hours at a time now.  I’m shooting for a morning and afternoon nap, and a catnap at dinnertime.  So far that’s working well, although I wish her naps were longer!  A couple of weeks ago, I realized I needed to let her calm herself down at night and go back to sleep without eating.  I was a zombie during the day and couldn’t continue to go to bed at 11, wake up at 6 with my early bird (Becca), and wake up anywhere from 2-4 times in between.  So now I just lay her down for bed and naps, and most of the time she doesn’t cry very long.  If she wakes up in the night, I have a harder time letting her cry but it’s getting better.  If she sleeps till at least 5am, then I’ll get up and feed her before putting her back to sleep. 
-She is still very social and loves interacting with everyone.  She LOVES her sisters, and they love her.  She loves toys and is definitely in the putting-everything-in-my-mouth stage! It's hard to picture what life was like before she was in our family! 

No comments: