Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Becca at 18 months

Weight: 23 lbs 10oz 50th%
Length: 32.5" 75th%
Head Circ: 48cm 90th%

Becca is growing up too fast! 

Physically: she loves to wrestle with Alayna.  Alayna will just be minding her own business and Becca will wrap her arms around her and bring her to the ground.  She is very playful.  She right now is trying to figure out how to jump.  Since it has warmed up she has loved going to the park and is good at climbing up stairs and coming down the slide.  We get comments all the time on how much she looks like her daddy =)  Her hair is getting lighter and lighter as we spend more time in the sun.

Talking: Her vocabulary is growing so quickly I can't keep up or list everything on there she can say.  I guess my favorite thing she says now is "I love you." 

What she loves: The Dora "Wheels on the Bus" song, Elmo, Baby Signing Time.  She also loves to talk on the phone now and gets jealous whenever Alayna or I are talking to daddy on the phone.  She loves to FaceTime with anyone!  Her favorite toys are baby dolls, books, purses, and her Sesame Street house.

Sleeping: Just over a month ago I finally transitioned her into 1 nap a day to see if that would encourage her to sleep in a little later.  It hasn't made much of a difference, but it's been good to get her into a new routine.  She goes down for a nap right around lunchtime and usually sleeps 2-3 hours.  I miss the freedom of 2 naps but it's also nice that we can go out and do things without having to worry about a morning nap.  At night, she goes to bed around 8:00 and wakes up between 6:30-7, although that is getting better now that she has her own room!

At her 18 month appointment, I asked her pediatrician if her binky is affecting her teeth.  He looked in her mouth and definitely thinks it is.  We let her keep it for a week or so after that because we were moving and on trips to St. George and the cabin, and then we took her binky away right after.  We cut the end of the binky off and gave it to her that night.  She's been pretty sad about it but will still sleep and you can distract her pretty easily.  Overall, I think it will be easier for her to learn how to sleep without it and now we won't always have to make sure we have them on hand.  Hopefully by the time the baby comes she will have forgotten all about them!

What else she can do: name body parts, answer questions.  She is very curious and is into everything, especially in this big new house that has a lot more cupboards, doors, and drawers!  A couple days after moving into this house, she figured out how to operate the doorknobs, which is not cool!

Temperament:  She is definitely her own little person now!  She is very tantrummy when she doesn't get what she wants, and this age I think is tough because she gets frustrated when she can't always communicate what she wants.  She's definitely taking on her role as a middle child who needs to make her point.  She has to be reminded a lot not to hit or push or throw things at her sister (especially), and pretty much always wants to be where mommy is.  

She is hilarious and exhausting.  We love her so much!!!


1 comment:

Katie said...

I love her, too! She's so much fun....