To be quite blunt, I don't really like January in Utah. It's freezing cold, icy, the smog is horrible, and its a struggle to find things to keep little hands occupied indoors all day. BUT, it comes every year so I try and have a plan of ways to stay busy during the month.
Both girls got haircuts from my friend and neighbor. She did such a great job and I love how they turned out!
At first we tried to have Becca go first, but she wouldn't have it. She did better after Alayna went first although she was a wiggle worm.
Another thing we did on a Saturday morning (while Daddy took the scouts to the cabin) was we went to the Krispy Kreme store in Orem.
The girls and I liked watching the doughnut making process
We got a doughnut for each member of our family
This January goes down in history as one of the coldest in Utah. This is inside my kitchen sliding door (granted the door is older and needs to be replaced), but you can see all the ice and it is frozen shut! This happened more than 1 morning.
I put Alayna in gymnastics at the rec center during January. She really loves it (she did it for a couple months in early 2012 and in December 2012), and if I do say so myself, she is really good.
I think she was the only one in her class that can do this....she is tiny and strong which makes for a good gymnast!
We also started going to storytime again. Our library does a great storytime and it's fun that Becca is starting to participate in some of the fun. Here is Alayna volunteering to be a sheep for a song.
Becca has started loving to dress up. Its so funny what she will come walking out of her bedroom wearing. Here she is just looking at coupons in my cowboy hat.
She also loves wearing Alayna's shoes. She found Alayna's jacket and boots and had me put them on her.
Another downside of a brutal winter is dealing with sicknesses. Between my own kids, watching baby Autumn, and my immune system not functioning optimally this pregnancy, we have all been sick multiple times this winter. This was a particularly hard day for Becca and she just needed to be held. As mom's know, those days are hard but you gotta take advantage of a snuggly baby.
We finally built a snowman in our yard for the first time. That sounds so lame, but last year we never got enough snow, and the year before that Alayna was too young to really participate anyway, but we took advantage this year!
I took this pic to show how deep the snow was...this is late January.
The ingenuity of my husband and girls (the eyes are Ritz crackers)
1 comment:
I love these pics!
Post a Comment