I feel like I need to give a quick update on Becca because so much has changed over the last month!
Eating: Her current favorite food is peach yogurt. Can't feed it to her fast enough. She has gotten a lot more stubborn about other foods and will NOT eat if she doesn't want it. Other foods she favors/will even eat are squash, mixed veggies, sweet potatoes. Fruit is hit and miss (mostly miss). For snacks, she loves the dissolvable puffs and "cheetos", and the freeze dried yogurt.
Development: Around April 1st, she could sit up totally alone to the point where I could walk away without worry of her falling over. Then around April 15th, we discovered her first tooth (bottom, front) coming in. The following week, the other bottom front tooth came in. I love her to pieces but she does not handle teething well. You can tell it bugs her and it effects her mood. Tylenol seems to help, though.
Also, around April 15th, she mastered crawling. Now she can get anywhere and anything she wants. The hard part is, she tries to follow me all over the house and it makes her mad that she can't keep up (even if I just step away for a minute to put away laundry). I can't believe I have another kid that seems to be mobile really early! It's really not that fun!
April 30th, we were eating dinner while Becca played on the kitchen floor. All of a sudden I looked over at her, and she had pulled herself to almost standing (she was on 2 feet but a little hunched over) on her bouncer chair!
Sleeping: She still takes 2 long naps + 1 shorter nap in the evening. Night have been getting better, but she still wakes up anywhere from 1-3 times. She is still a great car seat sleeper, and still occasionally falls asleep in her swing or bouncer chair. Although, she has pretty well outgrown those and I know I need to pack them up soon.
Temperament: She has been the same since the night she was born. When she gets hurt (which happens more often now that she's mobile), she screams SO loud. She is downright P.O.'d For about 10 seconds. Then she's over it. She has the best smile in the whole world. She has become very attached to me, to the point where when I'm not home, Jeff says she crawls all over the house looking for me. She gets grouchy when she's tired, hungry, or when her mouth hurts. When that happens, she often just wants to be held. I have learned how to do lots of things around the house with one hand!
Being the little sister: Up till now, Alayna has been the perfect big sister. She is still pretty good to Becca, but has started playing a little rough with her (wrestling, tickling, etc). The biggest change is, now that Becca is mobile and getting older, Alayna has realized that "her" toys are not really "her" toys. We have already had the conversation lots of times that all the toys in the house belong to our whole family. When Becca find a toy on the floor, Alayna will see her with it and pull the whole "hey, I was having that!" and try to take it away from her. And so, it begins...
No comments:
Post a Comment