Friday, April 13, 2012

March Madness, part 1


In March, we tilled, prepped, and started planting our garden. Alayna loves to help! Here they are planting peas
Here is Becca watching the gardeners, just learning to sit up on her own


For Valentines Day, Jeff gave me a voucher for making glass flowers at a glass studio. On St. Patricks Day (actually, the 6 year anniversary of our first date), we went! It was really fun and interesting.
Jeff with his blue and white (of course) flower
Pulling the hot, liquid glass to make petals
Twisting the stem. My flower is purple and green, but you can't tell since the glass is still too hot


On St. Patrick's Day, I ran the Rex Lee 10k run at BYU. I was going to run that race 6 years ago, but ditched it to hang out with Jeff, when we were just starting to date, thinking I could always run another race any old time. 6 years later, I finally did. My time was 1 hour, 3 minutes...which I was really happy with.



It was windy and crowded, but I'm so glad they came. I loved seeing them at the finish


Other March happenings:
Date night to The Hunger Games! We went with our friends Megan and Chris. It was a fun date with good company. And I loved the movie.

I started doing pre school (at home) with Alayna. She has already known the sounds the letters make for several months, and has expressed a desire to go to school and learn more. So we do a lot of stories with activities that go with it, and starting to write her name and the letters in the alphabet. She is really enjoying it!

No comments: