I wrote the following several weeks ago, before I even knew how sick I would really get:
I'm not going to post this for a few weeks, but I have GOT to vent. Today is the last day of February. February wasn't nice to me. It kicked my butt.
The beginning of February brought the peak of morning sickness and pregnancy symptoms, along with working a couple days a week and starting an online class to retain my teaching license.
Halfway through February, I came down with a cold. Normally, a cold puts me out for 2-3 days tops, then I'm ready to be out and about again. Here we are 11 days later, and I think my cold MIGHT be getting better, but my sinuses kill and I am developing pink eye, which Alayna had last week. I really didn't even think I could get pink eye as an adult. I have already lost 7 pounds because between my pregnancy sicknesses and my cold, sore throat, swollen glands, plugged nose, nothing sounds good and nothing tastes good. When I don't eat, I feel even worse, esp. when I take my prenatal vitamins. I know that weight loss is going to be an issue, once again, at my next doctors visit. Grrrreat. Jeff has also been sick on and off the last month. He has had ear infections, sinus infection, and the same cold we have.
I have been a loser mom and wife, not making dinner, allowing Alayna to watch way too many movies, and I haven't gotten dressed or done my hair in a long time. It is super frustrating that not only do I not feel like going anywhere, but I know we should keep our germs to ourselves. I'm so ready to be out and about.
And since we haven't told anyone about our pregnancy, its hard for people to know whats really going on and to ask for help!
1 comment:
Hey Kendra, its Brittney Edgin (hopefully you still remember me:)). Congratulations on Baby #2. I'm so sorry you were so sick. I hope you have a great second trimester.
Post a Comment