Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Turning 2

Can you believe my baby turned 2? I sure can't! We are having so much fun with her! Here are some things she's doing that might be boring to you, but since I consider my blog a journal, they are things I want to remember down the road!

Length: 32" 10th %
Weight: 22lbs 3%
Head: 49cm 75%

Yep, little body, big head. No concerns here. Doctor is pleased that she is following her own growth curve just fine and we don't need to be doing anything special to try to make her gain weight. She got 1 shot at her appt and was more upset by the bandaid they put on her than the actual shot.


-She's mostly easy going and happy, but she can throw a royal tantrum when she's not getting her way....and she has a frowny face that I think could someday take her to Hollywood because it rips my heart out of my chest. She's very good. She also have an excellent glare/dirty look that Jeff says she gets from me =)


-She pretty much says everything and is even saying complete sentences "Please, I want some more meat!" for example. She is doing the typical mix up of pronouns like "hold you" or "help you" when she wants to be held or helped.

-She's not a very picky eater. Even though she doesn't eat a lot, she will pretty much eat anything. Her favorite foods are: mac n cheese, beans, broccoli, cucumbers, meat, toast and the standard unhealthy foods particularly chips, bacon, and french fries. She also loves ranch dressing. On anything. Didn't you know if goes great even with spaghetti?


-She's a really good sleeper. Bedtimes and naptimes are super easy. We read books in the rocking chair and then I lay her down without a whimper. She sleeps thru the night till around 8am, and naps usually for 2-3 hours in the afternoon.


-No matter how frustrated we can get during repeated tantrums, she can somehow do something so cute that it makes that frustration go away and I have to be scraped off the floor from melting.


-I am considering hilighting my hair because I'm really tired of people looking at Jeff and I and asking, where in the world did her hair come from? Her hair is basically white. It can't really get any lighter. Believe it or not, my hair was that light when I was a kid and Jeff's was a dirty blonde. So her hair will probably darken up in a few years, but I love having my little toe head for now!

-She loves to play with other kids! She gets so excited when we talk about playing with kids from church, or her cousins. She plays really well with others too.


-She loves to go to story time at the library, going to the park, and going to the farm at Thanksgiving Point.


-She loves to talk about Jesus and the Temple. Well, at least, she knows who Jesus is and can point to His picture. And she knows that the temple is important. When we drive by it she lights up and says "toe mee!" which somehow means, temple. She also says prayers at meal time with help. It's a start in the right direction.


-At home we spend our time reading books, watching Disney movies (her favorites are Lion King, Monsters Inc, Toy Story, Cars), playing outside, coloring, singing songs (she has started singing the tune of ABC's and Itsy Bitsy Spider...it is so cute!)and playing with toys. She also likes to "help" me cook!


-I was talking to my friend on the phone yesterday and she was giving me a hard time about having a kid approaching the "terrible two's". But then we talked about how much FUN this stage is. I LOVE that she's singing and dancing, jammin in the car, playing games, and it is so much more fun to take her (some) places than it was before like the zoo, library, etc. And that's how life with Alayna is. It's just plain fun. I love her. I love that I get to hang out with her all day, every day. I wouldn't want it any other way.

3 comments:

Pam said...

I love that girl :) Also it kills me when she calls Toy Story "Toasty".
She is a bright spot in my life!!

Katie said...

Parenthood is so full of joy - real joy!!!!

John and Katie said...

Like you & Keith, Alayna will skip the "TERRIBLE" part and make it the "TERRIFIC TWO'S".