Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I need to put in a plug...

for this guy right here....

this picture was taken over 4 years ago when I married a 22 year old boy after dating him for 5 months.....I wouldn't call it the smartest idea but I have zero regrets because it was right.

Jeff is the hardest working person I know. When he does something, he does it right. Even though that perfectionist in him drives me insane sometimes, it is also the reason why our yard looks amazing, our house has been completely remodeled X's 2, the 12/13 yr old boys he's over in our ward totally look up to him, and his bosses and co-workers think he's the bomb and irreplaceable. Because he works so darn hard.

He wants to work hard and provide because we had a goal from the beginning: for me to be a stay at home mom if at all possible. And he's never resented me or made me feel guilty when he's had a horrible day at work and all I've done is taken Alayna to the library, colored, went for a walk, and maybe vacuumed and did a few dishes. He's never resented me when money is tight and we both know I have a degree capeable of making decent money. It really isn't fair how hard it is to live on a single income these days, but he has NEVER complained.

Jeff actually URGES me go to out and spend money on myself, go shopping, or go out with friends. He knows how important it is to have your own time and your own hobbies. I don't think a lot of men have that figured out so quickly.

We have been through 2 college educations, 4 moves, 3 jobs for me, 3 jobs for him, 2 huge remodeling projects, 3 wards, several callings, long workdays where we'd hardly see eachother, tight budgets, and one very sick child. I am so glad I have been through those hard things (and many more fantastic things) with him by my side!

6 comments:

Pam said...

He is pretty cool :) you two are wonderful team! I am glad that you are my sister!

Michelle said...

<3 your post. He is a pretty great guy!

The Jolley Family said...

Way to go Jeff!

Megan Miley and Chris said...

Love it. He is a great guy.

Tori said...

Love it. You've got a good man, there. And you deserve it :) Are you coming up this way sometime?

Katie said...

Jeff IS amazing, isn't he? You couldn't have found a better man!