Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Summer Update


At the beginning of the summer whenever someone asked what our plans were, I just told them we had a pretty quiet summer and didn't really have plans of going anywhere or doing anything big. Boy does that make me laugh now! We have had a busy summer, but it was fun too!

Alayna and I ended up taking another trip to Florida for almost 2 weeks! We had a blast visiting Nana and Grandpa in Florida. They took us to Disney World, Lion Country Safari, the beach, and several other fun places. We also got to see Granny, aunts, uncles and cousins, and Kendra's best friend growing up and her family. I will have to post pictures of our adventures.

We successfully remodeled the other side of our duplex and ended up moving into it. This is the 4th place we have lived in the 4 years we have been married. We are still getting settled but are enjoying the new carpet, paint, cupboards, windows, countertops, and new bathroom. We are REALLY thankful to everyone who helped us with the remodel/move or even those who were praying we'd make it through! Cross our fingers, we shouldn't have to do anything to our duplex for a LONG time! We have tenants in the other side and they are really nice, QUIET people.

We have had a lot of fun taking care of and eating from our garden. We will definitely be planting one next year too! We also successfully threw a baby shower for my sister in law who is due next month! The shower was 2 days after we moved so I'm really happy (and surprised) we pulled it off!

Alayna and I have stayed busy this summer. We participate in storytimes and play groups, and have a pass to Thanksgiving point. Alayna loves to go to the farm there and see the animals, and especially loves the pony rides. Gram has taken Alayna and her cousins to several fun places this summer too. One of our favorite places to go this summer has been the Splash Pad. It is a fun (FREE) splash park 10 minutes from our house. Sometimes we go with friends and take a picnic, sometimes we'll go up by ourselves as a last minute idea. I'm going to miss this place until next summer. Enjoy this video.


2 comments:

Katie said...

What a cool splash park!!!! Nice that it's so close to home. Alayna's hair looks so cute pulled back like that. I'm glad things are going back to "normal" now that the remodel is done. Enjoy!

Jillyboo said...

how fun! That splash pad looks incredible, I love it.