Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Alayna's Growth

I am just so happy right now. At Alayna's 15 month well baby check in early Feb. I left the dr. office fighting back the tears. He was concerned that her weight (17 1/2 pounds) had dropped below the charts and hadn't maintained it's consistent spot. Her height though had stayed in the 10th percentile, so he wanted to have a special checkup 6 weeks later (today) to make sure her height maintained and her weight didn't drop any more. He mentioned risks of failure-to-thrive, etc. Alayna had had the stomach flu twice in January, so I was sure that had something to do w/ her low weight in early February at her check-up. Anyway, we have been on Carnation Instant Breakfast and have been trying to sneak in extra calories while not instilling horrible health habits...it's tricky.
Doctor was THRILLED today with her progress. He said it was better than he had hoped for!
***Weight: 19lb 1oz.....2-3 percentile!!! We are back on the charts, baby! That's 1.5 pounds in 6 weeks!
***Height: 29 3/4 inches....15th percentile! That increased too! She grew 3/4" in 6 weeks!

I am so relieved, and now we get to put her in a front facing car seat!!!! Finally!!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

YAY!!!!!!!

Megan Miley and Chris said...

Yay Alayna!!! What a "big" girl!

Tori said...

That is wonderful! I'm so glad to hear that!

Kris and Megan said...

oh my goodness, she is just a little tiny thing! glad she is doing better! looks like you two have had fun in florida! jealous! :)