If I were really cool, I'd have a picture of the dish but let's just say it is DIVINE. It's a mimic of the dish called Fiesta Lime Chicken at Applebees, and Jeff and I love to make it! Here's the recipe:
Marinade:
2-4 cloves minced garlic
Juice of 2 limes
1/3 c soy sauce
1 T brown sugar
1 tsp. liquid smoke (you could probly skip this if you don't have it)
1 tsp. onion salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
***marinate in fridge at least 4 hours
Whisk together:
1/4 c sour cream
2 T mayo
2 T salsa
1/2 tsp cajun spice (if you don't have it, google how to make your own. Cajun is just a mixture of other spices you probably already have)
1 dash dill
1 dash cumin
***cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour
1. Grill the marinaded chicken over medium flame 8 mins each side, or until juices run clear. You could probably use a George Foreman if you don't have a BBQ.
2. Place chicken on broiler pan. Top with sauce and sprinkle with 1 c. colby Jack cheese. Broil until cheese has melted and slightly browned.
This is a fancier dish we love. We like to have it with rice, beans, corn, avocado, tortilla chips...YUM!!!
I also want to put in a plug for my friend Haylee's food blog, I love her ideas and recipes! Go to hayleesfood.blogspot.com
2 comments:
This sounds so yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Thanks for the recipe! I tried it and Casey really really liked it! Thanks a bunch and glad to hear that Alayna is back on the charts again. That's a huge relief! And from the cute pictures, she looks happy and very healthy. I'm glad you had fun in FL.
Post a Comment