Sunday, December 20, 2009

Florida Trip

Just wanted to let my friends and family abroad to let ya know what we've been up to in Florida!
-Thursday: Alayna and I arrived in Ft. Lauderdale, 3 hours late. This should not surprise people who know me well because pretty much every time I fly, something crazy happens. When we were approaching to land in FLL it was storming, so we circled around (with a tired, wiggly, whiny baby) until we ran low on fuel and had to land in Miami. We sat on the plane for 2 hours while we refueled and waited for weather to clear before landing in FLL.....yikes! All things considered, Alayna was SUCH a trooper.
-Friday: I did Christmas shopping during the day and in the evening my mom and I went and saw NEW MOON...finally!
-Saturday: I went to the beach, ate a Publix sub (that is noteable for anyone who's ever had one) and in the evening my parents took Alayna and I to Hoffmann's chocolates for their light display, and to buy some chocolate (click on my parents blog for pictures)
-Sunday: Church, then had some friends over for dessert
-Monday: Went to breakfast with my cousin Greg and wife Jackie, and baby Josh! Josh is Alayna's 1st cousin on that side! My mom took us to the mall in the evening to shop and play on their playground
-Tuesday: While I went to the beach, my mom took Alayna to her library where they had a blast visiting her co-workers, playing with other kids, and reading books! Then I met up with my friend and her daughter and we all played at the park. Then my parents took Alayna and I to dinner.
-Wednesday: This time, Alayna got to come to the beach with my friend Leslie and I. She had a great time playing with, and eating sand. I have fun pictures and stories to share another day. Then we had some neighbors over for dessert.
We are having fun but can't wait for daddy to join us on Thursday!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I am sorry about the delay that you had. I am glad that she did reasonably well. Sounds like you are having a great time. Love you guys! Enjoy the time in Florida.

John and Katie said...

We want daddy!
We want daddy!
We want daddy!

Keith said...

Eating sand...not surprising...
:-)

Haylee said...

Oh Kendra! I miss seeing you so often!! When is your doctor's appointment so I can see you again!!? Oh, also I was wondering if when you have some time (if you ever do...) could you email me your orange chicken recipe again...I've seemed to have lost it in the move! Thanks