Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Birthday Shout-Out...to Myself!

Today I am 24
I'm sure if you asked my mom, she'd be happy to tell you about the day I was born...
On Monday night, May 20th, my mom was laying on the couch, probably feeling frustrated that her baby was overdue by 4 days. It was in the evening and my dad had hurt his back at work. All of a sudden I kicked REALLY hard and my mom's water broke.

After a long night of labor, I was born on May 21st at 7:33 in the morning. I'm sure my mom would also tell you, way back then (I can't believe I'm saying that) they didn't know for sure what the gender of their baby was until they were born. My mom got mad at the doctor because after I came out it took him a while to tell her that I was a girl! She had to yell at him "Well, WHAT IS IT???" The first thing my mom said when she saw me was "look John(my dad), she's got a dimple!" And that's my story...mom, you can correct me if I got anything wrong!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Nope. You got everything pretty much RIGHT! Except, I can't imagine sweet little me YELLING at Dr. Ganesh! That's not in my nature at all....Happiest of Birthdays to you, Kendra-darlin'. I love you so very much!!!! Kiss-kiss!

Jillyboo said...

hooray!!! Happy Birthday.

Mary and Adam said...

Hooray! Happy belated birthday, you dimpled, young 24 year old!

Becca said...

Happy birthday! I hope you had a good time celebrating this year.