Monday, March 16, 2009

A Special Holiday

St. Patrick's Day is a special holiday to me. I'll tell you why. On this day 3 years ago, Jeff and I had our first date! Some friends and I won a date at our bishop's house. Then the date was finally coming up, and I hadn't really thought who to ask. This was an important decision because I do NOT ask guys out, but I needed a date for this. Sometime in February I went to the a clubhouse to hear my friend's band play. I ran into this guy I knew was in my ward but had never talked to. He was there to hear his friend Parker play the guitar. We hung out and I thought he was really fun. As the date came closer I thought, "I'll ask Jeff, he's a lot of fun." So I did. And he came with me.
I had a lot of fun with him again. There were about 5 or 6 other couples, and there was a game going on, "how well do you know your date?" Jeff and I were like, great, we're going to lose, we don't really know each other at all. Well, we actually won the game. The next day I remember eating lunch with my friend Sean and telling him that the date was fun but that the ball was "in his court", because come on, I already asked HIM out. Well, Jeff did a really good job with the ball in his court and we started hanging out or going on dates every day.
That August, we got married. Yeah. To save you from the math, that's 5 months.



HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Analeis Paul said...

Yay for special dates!

Megan Miley and Chris said...

Cute! I love hearing that story. I know I already knew it but I'm a sucker for mushy lovey dovey stuff.