Here's a picture of Alayna napping (or supposed to be)in her big crib. Yes, she's STILL sleeping in our room at night. My goal is to get her in her room this weekend. She's not very good about going to sleep by herself, plus we don't swaddle her anymore because she can wiggle out of the blanket. Once I even woke up because she had shimmied down the blanket and it was totally over her face and head. Pretty much gave me a heart attack. That was the last night we swaddled her.
Here is a picture of her in the crib. Note that both arms and legs are sticking out, and she's sucking on one of the slats.

I call this next picture THRUSH! UMMM, can I just voice how FRUSTRATED I am with this stuff? She's now had thrush off and on (mostly on) for 2 MONTHS ! We've done Nystatin (didn't work), and her mouth is purple here because we rub Gentian Violet on the inside of her mouth with a Q tip. It stains everything. It kills the thrush right away, but you can't use the violet for long periods of time, so it comes right back. ANY SUGGESTIONS???????


FYI....this what happens to a crock pot when left on the stove, and then you turn on the wrong burner....don't act like you haven't done that before. It was on the stove waiting to be stowed away because I have NO counter space. Yes, I got a new crock pot =)
On a brighter note, Alayna met with her neurologist on Monday. He is awesome. He evaluated her and said everything looks great. I asked him a question that he gave a very positive answer to. I said, so far it's been that she is right-on developmentally, but she's at high risk for delays. Do you think this is still the case? He said NO. Based on her totally normal MRI and EEG back in December, and the fact that she's 4 months old and has shown no seizures or delays, he doesn't consider her at high risk. We decided to meet up with him again in 4 months and then that will be it with him.


FYI....this what happens to a crock pot when left on the stove, and then you turn on the wrong burner....don't act like you haven't done that before. It was on the stove waiting to be stowed away because I have NO counter space. Yes, I got a new crock pot =)
On a brighter note, Alayna met with her neurologist on Monday. He is awesome. He evaluated her and said everything looks great. I asked him a question that he gave a very positive answer to. I said, so far it's been that she is right-on developmentally, but she's at high risk for delays. Do you think this is still the case? He said NO. Based on her totally normal MRI and EEG back in December, and the fact that she's 4 months old and has shown no seizures or delays, he doesn't consider her at high risk. We decided to meet up with him again in 4 months and then that will be it with him.
2 comments:
Love that girl. Purple mouth and all. That picture is classic. At least you know where the crib has been :)
Hahaha...I love the purple mouth. We have a picture of Caden with that same purple smile. We went through it off and on for months! I don't remember anything that actually got rid of it, though. Just know that it can be passed back and forth between you two, so you should do something about it too. Good luck!
Post a Comment