Thursday, August 30, 2012

June part 1

June was the busiest month of the summer for us. It was nuts! One important event that happened was Alayna's dance recital. Her darling dance teacher, Shalayne (above) was out of town the 2 weeks prior to the recital, so I was in charge while she was gone. The recital went great and I was so happy that Alayna participated, willingly!

Her tap number I'm a Cute Little Tapping Mouse

Cinderella Dance

Waiting for the recital to start


Her cousin, Lizzie, giving her a congratulatory hug. She is quite the little dancer herself!


Other happenings this summer:

Spending LOTS of time outside! Thankfully, with no huge projects this summer. Alayna loves to help daddy mow!


Swimming Lessons: They were fantastic for Alayna. This was her first year not going to a mom-n-me. I'm glad we did it early in the summer because she was a fish for the rest of the summer! She had TWO great teachers and had a blast!
Yes, that is her little blonde head that is mostly under water! I was amazed how brave she was for them

Waiting for lessons to start

Going down the big red slide with her teacher

YES, that is MY child on the diving board!!!! I couldn't believe it!

Chase, one of her teachers


Other June events that kept us busy:
  • Training for an completing my half marathon
  • Jeff's 10 year high school reunion (in the prize drawings, Jeff won a pizza and I won movie tickets!)
  • I foolishly signed up for another UEN online class for teaching license points. Why did I choose to do that over the summer?
  • Lots of trips to 7 peaks, splash pads, and pools
  • Working in and harvesting our garden....one of my favorite things about summer!

No comments: