Friday, December 16, 2011

November

Alayna about 3 weeks old

Becca abt 6 weeks old in the same outfit
We had a lovely Thanksgiving at the Yoho (Jeff's parents) home. I ran a 5k that morning (details below), we ate a delicious meal, and also got to spend time with my extended family who were in town from CA and CO on Friday, and also attend wedding festivities for one of Jeff's best friends on Saturday. It was a fun, busy weekend!
Alayna thought Becca might want her BYU sock monkey that daddy bought her. When I checked on Becca a few mins later, she was holding onto it!
Attempting to catch her smile on camera, abt 5 weeks old
Our annual trip to the NICU where Alayna stayed the first 11 days of her life. This year we donated blankets, baby clothes, and bus tokens so needy families can get to the hospital to see their babies. Although the layout of hospital has changed and is now unfamiliar to us, as soon as we stepped off the elevator and into the NICU, the familiar scent hit me hard and I remembered being there for Alayna just like it was yesterday. We are so lucky that she is completely fine now, and I'm thankful for that experience that helped me realize what's really important in life.
Alayna LOVES helping dad do anything and everything outside. Which is great because in the fall we have a TON of leaves to rake!
Playing dress up. We are asking Santa for real dress up clothes this year instead of just mommy's random accessories.
Pam caught this darling picture of Becca smiling at Scotty, age almost 2 mos

Becca watching us decorate the tree

wonder where Alayna gets her cheesy smile from, Jeffrey?
November can be summed in a few words: football, leaves, shopping, food, and family.
Other events were: I ran a 5k on Thanksgiving Morning! It was my first 5k trying to "run" and my time was 36 mins...umm, nothing to brag about, but not too bad considering I had a baby 2 mos earlier and only started running again a month prior to the 5k. I'd like to run a 1/2 marathon this summer...which I will start training for next month!

2 comments:

Megan Miley and Chris said...

Oh wow they really look alike in that last picture! First time I have thought that.

john said...

all pics are great but that last one I'd like to get....it's REALLY special!