Friday, December 16, 2011

Nannie

I definitely wanted to mention on here, although many of you already know, Jeff's grandmother "Nannie" passed away on December 9th, after a 14 year battle with Parkinson's disease. Although during the time I've known her, her health hasn't been very good, I will still remember her as a giving, sweet, brilliant woman with a contagious smile, who I love to hear stories about. The speakers at her funeral told stories about her that inspired me to be a better mother, wife, and person. Truly, the world is a better place because of her life. I feel really lucky that Alayna knew her great-grandmother, and loved to visit her. The last time we saw her was just after Thanksgiving, when we took Rebecca to see Nannie for the first time. Nannie was having a particularly good day that day, and was able to tell Jeff, referring to Becca, "she's a doll!" I am so glad that last experience we had with her was such a happy day, and I'm SO glad we visited her then and took pictures. Those pictures will be invaluable to Rebecca one day. We are sad that she isn't with us anymore, but relieved that she isn't suffering anymore

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/deseretnews/obituary.aspx?n=kathleen-lindsay&pid=154959390&fhid=12973&refsvce=facebook#.TuOcHg-3lKq.facebook

No comments: