Friday, October 7, 2011

Becca- Day 11

Becca is 11 days old today. I've been thinking a lot about how Alayna was 11 days old when we brought her home from the NICU. I can't imagine not having these last 11 days with Becca, as we have bonded and learned so much about her.

She is a GREAT baby. She sleeps a lot. Most nights I've gotten a 4-6 hour stretch out of her, if I feed her before I go to bed. Then, when she does wake up, sometimes she's wide awake for a while and we chill in the living room for a couple hours, or sometimes she will go right back to sleep. She only really cries when she's hungry or frustrated, and even then it goes from a couple of grunts to all of a sudden a full blown, angry cry. She will sleep in her swing, bouncer, crib, carseat, or just being held.

Several days ago, she started giving us smiles. Yes, I know they aren't genuine smiles, but oh how cute it is, and it just makes us light up. I need to try to catch it on camera, as it is usually as she's falling asleep.

Alayna has been a great big sister. I think the fact that Becca is here to stay hasn't totally sunk in yet because Alayna has been enjoying all of our visitors and extra attention from Grandparents, etc. So we'll see what happens when reality hits. She is pretty gentle with Becca and loves to give her hugs and kisses. She also wants to watch and/or help with everything: baths, diaper changes, etc.

We are really blessed to have great family and friends. My mother-in-law watched Alayna while I was in the hospital, we have had meals and treats brought in by friends & people in our ward, and my mom has been at our house all this week while Jeff is at work. She's helped keep my house clean and made dinner and kept Alayna entertained. I'm going to set my expectations really low starting next week for what I want to accomplish each day. Pictures coming soon...

1 comment:

Millie said...

I'm so happy to hear things are going well!