Monday, August 1, 2011

July Craziness

July was SO busy! It was a lot of fun, but we had a lot packed into the month, and it seemed like every day we had fun things going on! Here's what we were up to:

Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-a. The things I'll do for free food! Thanks Megan and co. for coming with us!




Mom-n-me swimming lessons


We had 3 of Alayna's Yoho cousins over for 2 days while their moms attended teacher meetings. Alayna totally loved it! We went to the Splash Pad, played in the sprinklers and on our slip-n-slide. Alayna loves her cousins and they made great house guests!
I could watch them play in the sprinklers all day...sigh...Summer, please don't ever end!
We spent a few days at the beginning of the month at the cabin. Activities included Stadium of Fire, Coke/Mentos experiments, and a birthday party for Lizzie and my mother-in-law.
On the 4th we watched fireworks at our usual location in Pleasant Grove with my bro and his family. I'm so glad Alayna loves fireworks and hope our next kid does too!
Alayna loves to do exercises with me. Here she is being my little trainer and having me do squats
Don't forget your stretches too!
She likes to "help" dad mow the lawn =)
Lizzie's birthday cake at the cabin
This has been the summer of fixing broken things. Broken fridge, broken swamp cooler, and broken lawn mower. Thankfully we have a good helper!



Me at 28 weeks...taken early in July
The apples on our tree are getting bigger!
One of our first garden harvests (note to self: grow onions again!)

. The garden in July. Plenty of peas, beans, lettuce, onions, and jalapenos. Once the tomatoes finally ripen, we are going to have TONS.
Other undocumented happenings: Jeff went to scout camp. My parents came up from St. George for the 24th weekend. We BBQ'd, went to the Bountiful parade/fireworks, and had a reunion with members of my beloved Wellington Ward. We also had the annual Kohler reunion weekend this past weekend at the Kohler Dairy Farm in Midway.

4 comments:

stuartandbrittney said...

Wow, you are amazing to work out while you are pregnant. Looks like you guys are having lots of fun!f

Leslie Dow said...

Kendra! I love the blog updates! Looks like summer has been so fun for you guys! Your garden looks great I can't wait to have a yard someday! Alayna couldn't be any cuter helping you workout and helping Jeff with the lawn! I miss you guys and hope all is going well! Hows the name picking coming for the baby?

Millie said...

I am in love with the photo of Jeff and Alayna mowing the lawn together!

john said...

GREAT pictures Kendra!!!!!!!