Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Strange Dreams

I know some women have talked about having the strangest dreams while pregnant. I dare you to top this one:

The night before my ultrasound to find out the baby's gender, I remember this dream very vividly. For some reason, my in-laws lived in my Grandma's house, and my baby was "cooking" inside her microwave on the kitchen counter. It was time for us to find out the gender, so we showed up at her house and watched the baby cooking around and around in the microwave. Finally, it was time to open the microwave where you could take the baby out, look at it, even hold it, and know the gender. I opened the microwave to find a baby girl that looked JUST like Alayna did as an infant. She was gorgeous. Then, the appointment was over, so we put her back in the microwave to finish cooking for the next 20 weeks.

I didn't read anything into the dream. Then at 11:30 it was time for the big appointment. I had my friend watch Alayna and Jeff met me at the dr. office. They were 30 mins late even getting us back into the room to wait for the dr, who then took another 20 minutes! We were hungry and getting impatient! Finally, he came in and started the u/s. With Alayna's u/s, we found out her gender immediately. For this baby, that was the last part of the u/s so the whole time I got to wonder! He started from the head and measured, pointed out things, etc. It was neat to have the u/s done by an actual doctor this time who can interpret things on the spot. The baby is healthy, active, and growing just fine. Finally, we found out that this little Yoho will in fact, be another girl. After the appt, we had a quick lunch at Subway, where Bronco Mendenhall had also decided to eat that day too! Jeff played it cool really well and decided to leave him alone, but it was hard for me to!

I am very excited to have another girl, and for Alayna to have a sister. I always got a little sad packing away her cute girl clothes, afraid I wouldn't see them again! Now we have everything we need for this little one, even in the right season! Jeff is excited too, but is a little nervous about being outnumbered even worse now, and the continuing barbie shoes to step on barefoot, and blonde hair everywhere, and the endless clunking of dress up shoes to be heard, etc, etc, etc.

2 comments:

Katie and Brandon said...

yay! congratulations on another girl!!

The Jolley Family said...

Girls are the best! Casey had to buy a motorcycle to bring back some testosterone into his life! Hee!