I decided to take my girls for 1 last trip to St. George before the baby comes. The weather was ah-mazing and we went swimming EVERY DAY we were there!
We again went to the fun place they have there with arcades and kiddie rides
After our little spring break trip, Alayna started preschool. She is going to Miss Melanie's preschool, about 10 minutes away from our house. Her teacher is one of Jeff's best friends mom's, who has been teaching over 25 years. It's been really fun for her to have something to do 2 days a week that's just for her where she can interact with other kids. Even though it's only for the last 2 months of the school year, I thought it would be helpful to adjust to the move and the new baby. She LOVES it.
Her preschool class went on a field trip to the Fire Station. My in-laws watched Becca so I could go with Alayna one-on-one, and we had a lot of fun! The fire chief gave each kid a turn to sit in the fire truck.
A very significant thing happened in April. My father-in-law was diagnosed with Esophageal Cancer back in December 2012. He received Chemo and Radiation treatments for 5 weeks, then had a 6 week break, and on April 11th had major surgery to remove any remaining traces of the cancer. The surgery was over 8 hours and involved removing 2/3 of his esophagus and part of his stomach. The recovery will be long but he is doing SO awesome. Doctors are pretty confident that his cancer is gone. The day of the surgery, the parents took the 6 grandkids to build-a-bear to each make a bear for Papa. It was fun to see what they each had chosen to make and why. My girls are typically not very attached to stuffed animals but they LOVE the bears they made. Here he is about 3 weeks after the surgery with the kids and the bears!
Here I am at 37 weeks pregnant. Mixed feelings about being so close to the end. Each of my pregnancies have gone by faster and faster.
My friend Lisa and I took our kids to the farm at Thanksgiving Point. It's always a lot of fun. We hadn't been there for a while and Becca has NEVER ridden a pony before so I was so happy she did it! She didn't want to at first and clung to me but when the pony started walking she did hold on willingly and had fun!


2 comments:
Yay Lindsay!! So cute! I'm so glad everything went so well, and Lindsay is BEAUTIFUL!!!
So glad you've been keeping up with this stuff! There are pics I've never seen before. FUN!
Post a Comment