My due date is in T-4 days. I'm still pregnant. I think a lot of people feel sorry for me that I haven't had the baby yet, but I'm honestly doing just fine. I'm sleeping fine at night, the baby is low so she isn't in my ribs or lungs, and I'm not in any pain or anything. At this point in my pregnancy with Alayna, I was really ready to be done because I was uncomfortable, struggled sleeping, had painful cramps at night, and was on bed-rest for high blood pressure. I wasn't allowed to work, which meant I wasn't making money and didn't even have a baby to take care of, so it felt like I was wasting time and money, just waiting around to go into labor.
This has been a good week. Everything is ready for the baby so we have just been spending our days going on walks, playing at the park or in our backyard, and just enjoying the beautiful weather while it lasts. I'm enjoying a quiet house and getting rest while I can.
I have been doing a little to try and jump start my labor, but I'm not going to any extremes. I've gone for a walk every day, and the last 2 days I've done Jillian Michaels Last Chance Workout (including and especially jumping jacks, running in place, and jump roping)...I'm sure it would be really comical to watch a 9 month pregnant woman and an almost 3 year old doing that video. The doctors say everything looks great and induction or not, it should be a speedy, smooth delivery. I am already dilated 4cm.
And so, little one, I am very excited to meet you but if you need more time, I'm ok with that as well. I'm confident you're worth the wait!
3 comments:
I would pay money for video of you doing jumping jacks. LOL! Love it. Seriously, bounce house tomorrow night.
I love the peaceful tone of this entry, Kendra. I'm so excited for this wonderful addition to your family...I can't wait to meet her! And I want you to know how much I love and respect you, my fantastic daughter....
Good luck! Glad you're doing so well :)
Post a Comment